Yocraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Osu! Thread

Go down

What is your Favourite Game-Mode?

General Osu! Thread I_vote_lcap0%General Osu! Thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
General Osu! Thread I_vote_lcap100%General Osu! Thread I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

General Osu! Thread Empty General Osu! Thread

Post  Runitboy21 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Osu!

This Thread should be used as a overall Osu! Thread

Here you can Promote your Osu! Beatmaps,discuss about the Game,post Videos
or just asking for someone to play with.

What is Osu!?

Osu! is a cost-free Rythmus Game for PC.
The Main objective of the game is to click in the rhytm of the Music.
There are 3 differnt Modi I'll explain now.

The different Modi

Osu!Standard
The inspiration of Osu is the Japanese Nintendo Ds Game Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.The gameplay consists of only three elements: tapping circles on the touchscreen, dragging a ball across a fixed path and rotating a spinner very fast. All these elements are timed to (covers of) popular Japanese songs. It looks like this on the DS:

General Osu! Thread Ouendan
ingame footage:

You can see the circles on the bottom screen, and on the top screen you have the story. Each stage is basically a self-contained story about a person in trouble. That's where the Ouendan (Cheer squad) comes in. Through the magical power of male cheer-leading, you have to help the people in trouble.

Catch The Beat

Catch the Beat (or CTB for short) is a game mode that requires players to control a character
(called Ryuuta) to catch fruit in time to the music. The fruits fall from the top of the screen to the bottom, with your character holding a plate above his head. Players gain score by catching these fruit on their plate. The closer the fruit lands to the middle of the plate, the more score will be awarded. Some fruit will have a trail of droplets above it which work as hold notes. Players follow these trails until it ends, where they will then go about catching the next fruit. Where spinners would be, a mass amount of fruit falls from the sky for the player to catch. Players are not penalized if they drop a fruit here, as the goal is to catch as many as they can before it ends. Players can also speed up their character by pressing shift or catching a glowing red fruit. Pressing shift will turn your character yellow and will move you at 2x speed, while getting a glowing red fruit will move you to the next possible fruit. Red fruits are only present if it is physically impossible to get to the next fruit if you caught the fruit before it.
General Osu! Thread 83859755

Taiko

Taiko is a special game mode in osu! that borrows almost all of it's elements from the Japanese rhythm game, Taiko no Tatsujin (Released as Taiko: Drum Master in North America).

In this game mode, players hit the drum (or keyboard) in time with blue or red notes on the screen. Red notes indicate that you must hit the middle of the drum (x or c on keyboard controls) and blue notes indicate that you must hit the rims of the drum (z or v on keyboard controls). Large red or blue notes indicate that you have to hit both sides of the drum, middle or rim according to the color of the notes. Long yellow notes indicate a roll of either red or blue notes. These do not add to your combo or cause a combo break if you choose not to roll throughout the entire thing.

In the osu! variant of Taiko, red balloons and bells found in some versions of the console game have been removed and replaced with a shaker that mimic's the osu! spinner. This shaker requires the player to alternate between rim and middle to whittle down the number on the screen before the next set of notes appears. Unlike some other rhythm games, players can play random notes to the beat without fearing a point deduction, as long as other notes are not on the track.
General Osu! Thread 0taiko

Osu!mania

Mania is a new game mode in osu! similar to Beatmania IIDX (as well as various DJ MAX, Guitar Hero and other rhythm games that require more than 3 buttons) in which a player needs to press the specific buttons for the beat notes that are coming down. It is somewhat similar to Taiko (2), but with more buttons to press and notes moving downward rather than moving horizontally to the left.

osu!mania was released in 08.10.2012.

General Osu! Thread F1Gb4g-5982090

Multiplayer

In Multiplayer you can fight against others in Tournament, play in Teams or play some "just4fun" Rounds

General Osu! Thread 1lARp

Create Beatmaps

Also called map for short. A game level in osu!, like each stage in the DS games. At their most basic form, beatmaps have a song and Hit Circles, Sliders, and/or Spinners placed according to the rhythm of the music, but they can also have a background image or video, or even a Storyboard. Creators of beatmaps are called beatmappers or mappers for short. Beatmaps are uploaded for everyone to see and play with using the BSS (Beatmap Submission System), and are then modded. If/Once a beatmap is deemed good enough, it is ranked or, in rare cases, approved. beatmaps can be found in the Beatmap Listing or Various Map-hosters like Osu.yas-Online Net General Osu! Thread 1425174-osu__beatmap_creation_super

References:

If You found some grammatical or sentence construction mistakes
please correct me so i can change them because im not an English native speaker.

Last edited by Runitboy21 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to wait a week for Link Posting)
Runitboy21
Runitboy21

Back to top Go down

General Osu! Thread Empty Re: General Osu! Thread

Post  Runitboy21 Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 am

Runitboy21
Runitboy21

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum