Yocraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Origins

+4
SpiritSuru
AnimeExpertGirl
Pianoman91894
Deathwishez
8 posters

Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty Minecraft Origins

Post  Deathwishez Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 am

There was once a time where each of us didn't play Minecraft. We all have a reason for starting to play Minecraft, and other reasons as to why we continued to play.

In this thread, talk about why you first started playing Minecraft, why you still play, and the highlights of your Minecraft history (Like your favorite version, mod, server, etc.).

For me, I'm part of a gaming community, and there was talk about this new game called "Minecraft". It was around Christmas, the game was in Alpha, and I needed something new to play for the upcoming Christmas Break.

So, I bought the game, and it took a good week before I actually knew how to do anything. I'll have to say that my biggest criticism for Minecraft is the steep learning curve for new players. Anywho, after awhile, I became fond of Redstone mechanics, as I'm an Engineer, and starting building all sorts of crazy contraptions. Survival lost it's touch for me after my first few worlds, but boy, once Creative Mode came around (and before that, the Too Many Items mod), I had a blast.

To be honest, I'm not liking Minecraft as much as I used to. I'm not a fan of the new weekly snapshots. I liked Minecraft when it was simple, but you could do incredibly complex things with it. I still play Creative from time to time, and now, with this community, I play Co-op Survival. Yes, I know, I already said Survival lost it's touch for me. However, it's been a few months since I've played Survival, and I'm actually quite the Survivalist. Once Hardcore mode came out, that was really my new "Survival" mode.

But enough about my experience, and more about you! How did you guys start playing Minecraft, what are your best memories of the game, and why do you still play? Are the reasons the same as they were in the beginning, or did you thrill for Minecraft evolve over your time playing it? I've been playing it for well over a year now, and I can certainly say that my thrill for Minecraft has definitely changed.
Deathwishez
Deathwishez

http://scatteredspace.com/forum/

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty Re: Minecraft Origins

Post  Pianoman91894 Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Huh, well this is a neat post.

I started playing Minecraft around the time it started getting big. I originally found out about it from a Youtube user called "HouseholdHacker", who posted a thing about the free creative version, which I played for quite a while. I wasn't even aware that you could buy, download, and play it in survival mode, until a guy on Youtube called "Seananners" started a survival series. I was hooked, and not long after that series started, there was a free MC weekend through Mojang's site. I downloaded it on my laptop at first, which didn't work at all. It was too laggy, virtually unplayable even. I also couldn't figure out how to break blocks, because I thought you had to keep clicking the mouse button :I But the next day, I started playing on my desktop... And I was hooked.

Anyway, for whatever reason, even after the free weekend ended, I was still able to play, so I did. I played in Alpha for a looooong time, because even though I could still play, I couldn't get any of the updates. Fast forward a while into the future, and I was finally able to buy it. It was already pretty far into Beta by then. I think I got it just a few weeks before the 1.8 update. But I could finally start playing on servers with friends, and use different game modes, and all that fun stuff! It was exciting.

So I stuck with the game for a pretty long while, usually going into Creative mode and just building whatever I could. Neat houses, pixel art, interesting patterns, giant craters made by TNT, etc., it was all good to me. Also did a lot of experimenting with redstone, water, and lava, but that's sort of irrelevant, I guess. Anyway, I also started playing somewhat regularly on a server owned by a Youtube collab channel called "DeliciousCinnamon" (who has some really funny stuff. Go watch their Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal series!) I never really got to know the community very well though, so I didn't stick for long. Eventually, Minecraft just started getting kind of... Boring. As unfortunate as it was, I just wasn't having fun anymore.

BUT THEN (plot twist), a couple of months ago, Tyler announced his first stream on Twitter. So I went to that, and lo and behold, he was playing Minecraft parkour (the same course he raced YoshiToMario on). He invited his audience to come play on the server, which I did (along with some of the other current Yocraft members, although we didn't know each other at the time). So we played parkour on that server for a while, and eventually Tyler came up with the idea to make his own parkour course, which is when a certain server owner that we all know and love spoke up, and said that he had a server Tyler could use. (The server owner in question, if you couldn't guess, was Yocow).

So they started making the Silver parkour course that night, as the rest of us all watched/ran through it, and eventually they started doing a thing with the other players, where they had to try and hide/survive several waves of mobs (which eventually just turned into the admins flying around, killing the visitors). I had to get off of the computer I was using for MC by then though, so I wasn't involved in that, although I did enjoy watching and cheering on the victims.

I'll skip the details from the rest of the stream (which I don't even remember anymore), but that's essentially how I found Yocraft, which sparked my interest in MC again. I started interacting a bunch with the community, and a lot of us became very good friends. And I guess that's kind of where Minecraft keeps my interest, is because of this server. I've had some of the best times of my life with the people I've met here, and to me, that's the biggest thing Minecraft has brought me. We've all had so much fun, and we still do, building things, creating games and fun things for everyone to do on the server, and just talking in general. That's my favorite part of my Minecraft experience, is all the amazing people I've met. Heck, if it wasn't for Minecraft, it's likely that I would've never met them at all.

So yeah, that's my answer to this. Sorry if it's a bit long, I just always have quite a bit to say whenever this topic comes up, lawl.
Pianoman91894
Pianoman91894
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/unusualcatperson

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty WOO SOME MINECRAFT STUFFS

Post  AnimeExpertGirl Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Okay okay okay okay so so so so here's my Minecraft origin thing.

BACK IN UM... SOME DAY AT SOME MONTH... I WANTED TO PLAY MINECRAFT BECAUSE I SAW SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE PLAYING IT. (lol i follow da trends) So I convinced my mother to buy me it. Heh. Took hell of a time too. Razz ANYWAYS... It was really fun survivin' and stuff, but then I got bored with it after like a few months. I think i had it when it was 1.2.3. So yeah. FAST FORWARDING TO A FEW MONTHS IN THE FUTURE..................

It's May! Woo. I remember going onto this server, Yocraft, before it was even a real thing. I remember seeing the Creative Flatlands all barren. The only things there was the Neighborhood that Yocow and his friends built when it was a private server. :U

Soo, I remember coming onto the server back when it was being held on Yocow's shitty computer (lol no offense Will) It was after AttackingTucans' had his stream. He was looking for a server and then I saw Yocow post the IP. I was like, "Eh, why the hell not?" Did I mention that I was a major fangirl of Tyler a few months ago? (I'm still a fangirl, just not as crazy. Haha) So then I joined. I was too afraid to go on the server and play with people since I was so shhhy... And scared. And I didn't even know what to build! Since basically the only world there was Creative. So like near Midnight or something, I came on when there was barely any people on. Then I built my crappy house in Creative. I also built this sucky statue of a Creeper which I hate so much now omfg. Ah, I remember when Tyler almost burned it down. xD Good times...

As weeks passed on by, I started to talk and go on the server after school since I was so bored. Then I started to talk to Yocow more often (We have talked before, just not as often), I also met some of the AMAZING people I have EVER met in my entire LIFE. I am so, so glad that I started playing on this server a lot because We're all friends here! Everyone (Mostly everyone) is so nice, funny, and just awesome people. I remember playing the Sliver Course in Parkour. Back when Mario Long Jumps (Level 8 I think??) was still being worked on. Haha. One of the clearest memories of this server is the Garden of EXP. Basically me and some friends were just throwing XP bottles at each other and we had a fight with it. NewBrowny and I had a Super Saiyan fight with that. Haha, good memories.

As time went on, we eventually had a call with the people in the Yocraft group. It included KoreanWonderBoy, Yocow, Ganon432, Pianoman, Squillistipated, TripleB, NewBrowny, and myself. In that first call, which lasted 11 hours, we all became so close to each other. Everyone was a Regular at the time I think. I was builder since I am awesome. (Aly stop lying jebus) Then they became builders and then we fooled with WorldEdit and then Mods... Admins... Man, it's amazing to see how far this server has come. I mean-- OH SHIT WAIT I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL MY ENTIRE LIFESTORY OF MY SUMMER LOL. ALY WATER U DOING LMAO. [I like making people laugh and ruining the moment. Very Happy]
AnimeExpertGirl
AnimeExpertGirl
Admin

http://anime-gamer-girl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pianoman91894 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm

@Aly

*Pssst*, Browny wasn't in our very first call. Squill introduced us to him at a later date, lawl.
Pianoman91894
Pianoman91894
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/unusualcatperson

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty Everything always has history...

Post  SpiritSuru Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 am

So here is my Minecraft story, maybe not too long, maybe not too short. Its a tale of adventure.

It began when Tim, or as most know him-NintendoCapriSun, posted a video on youtube of something he built. I looked into it for a bit, but was ultimately bored with the concept that it was made of. This was I think when it was around the end of 1.7 Beta. But later, I some how stumbled upon a YouTube user by the name of ImAnderZEL. This wast when 1.8 was just released, and he was 16 episodes into his 3rd season of his Playthrough. He used a lot of fun looking mods, but I didn't understand that at the time, so I thought the many monsters attacking him were a part of the game! xD

So after watching him a bunch, and finding a few other users, I asked my mom if I could get it. She said yes, but I had to wait a month or so. But then, in my Science class, we had to build a city that was built of cells. So, I asked my mom to get it. She said yes, but due to a few challenges with credit cards, I didn't get it till the night before the project was due.

School talk aside, I eventually figured out how to install mods, and played with a bunch that Anders used.

But then, I found the dark side of MineCraft, griefing. I found a group called Team AVO, and for some odd reason, liked what they did. So, I found an X-Ray mod, and eventually did it for a few weeks on a few random low profile servers. But then, I started to feel guilty. It finally dawned on me that I was destroying peoples hard work. So I took off all mods, and actually took a break from the game of Minecraft.

Of course I started playing again when the game went Gold, and in 1.0 I had alot of fun. And once 1.1 came out, I found a server called Sav*** R*alm* (Don't wanna advertise it, huh?), and actually spent a good chunk of time on the server there. But then I found single player to be a lot of fun, so I stopped going on for a good two months. And eventually once I went back, I was bored with it. So I just stuck to Single Player.

And then finally, I joined a bunch of Tylers Streams. I kept trying to get into whatever server he was on, but to no avail. Eventually, I found a server that actually worked. It was named Yocraft, and at first I just kept to myself as I often do. I was only a visitor, but I felt at home in the server. I knew who to trust, the then mods were so friendly. And then survival got a reboot, and I felt it was time I got to know more people. So I did, I went on a few adventures with a few other the other members, and eventually settled a home. I went through the ranks at a pace, from Visitor to Regular, and then once 1.3 came out, I traveled in the now Free Survival. I found an amazing place to build, and I created a huge home for myself. I figured I would apply for builder, and so I did. I then invited a few mods to the land I had found to build, a Mushroom Biome, since a few of them had never seen one before. So he and another showed up. Slowly I grew close to everyone, and felt I had finally found people I could trust. Perhaps we dont all talk, nor do I join the skype calls (though it would be fun), I feel a family has been made.

Of course once school started, things slowed down a little. And since the Livestream Y2M and Tyler did, the server has been bustling. And I have been doing as much as I can as a builder to help, and been on as much as possible to help when others are not on.

Anyways, this has gotten longer then I expected it to. But to end, I just wanna say thanks. <3
SpiritSuru
SpiritSuru

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty MY LIFE STORY

Post  yocow Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 am

Well, this is interesting. The POV of the creator of the server. Anyways, here goes. WARNING. This story is abnormally large and in great detail. I'll just put it in a spoiler so it's optional to view. Click on the spoiler to view it!

Spoiler:

Jesus, that was long.
yocow
yocow

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty My MC Story

Post  kevinlopez464 Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:18 am

Here is my MC story. It is kind of long. I will put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

That is my whole MC Story! Longer than I expected!
kevinlopez464
kevinlopez464

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Origins Empty My MineCraft story.

Post  rupeescreamer Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 am

Well, I suppose that I had discovered Minecraft in or around 2011. I'm not sure exactly what update it was on or when exactly. Then I saw NintendoCapriSun's Minecraft video. Seeing what could be done in Minecraft, I took a much greater interest into it. I watched tons of videos before I ever even bought the game. Then, early on in the 1.2.5 update, I anticlimacticly bought Minecraft. I thought it was great, and I played it for a long time. At first, I remember I couldn't even break blocks because I thought you had to repeatedly click on them. But once I got a hang of the controls, I started going to servers. I went to a My Little Pony based server, which I will not mention, and I stayed there for quite a long time. 8 or 9 months, perhaps. But anyway, recently, me and a group of friends from the server had, for some terrible reason, grown a hatrid of the server, and I was permabanned from it for posting something rude in the forums. I regret doing that... And I'm going to be completely honest about doing, because lying about being completely perfect is even worse. So, eh, yeah... that my Minecraft history.
rupeescreamer
rupeescreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  lukerduker123 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 pm

A long long time ago I was on a website called "Gameanyone" and there I found a user called FrozenFoxy who played a quick game of Minecraft. After that Roblox posted a link to Minecraft and then in December of 2010 I bought the game!

lukerduker123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down