Yocraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been really hard for me to get on the server

2 posters

Go down

It's been really hard for me to get on the server Empty It's been really hard for me to get on the server

Post  Guttingamer Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi, my name is guttingamer. I'm new here. Unfortunately, I have had many problems getting onto the server. The biggest one, is hurricane sandy. I have very little access to minecraft in my current situation. My other problem, is the need for the server to update. Last time I checked, the server was still 1.3, and I need it to be 1.4 to access it. That, combined with Sandy makes it impossible for me to go on Sad

I really hope this doesn't affect my regular application. I don't want to get rejected just because I haven't been on lately. Believe me, I want to go on, but I can't. Can anyone help in any way? Sad

Guttingamer

Back to top Go down

It's been really hard for me to get on the server Empty Re: It's been really hard for me to get on the server

Post  Guttingamer Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Darn it, I posted this on the wrong forum. Sad

I am really sorry. I am new to this forum and I am not too sure what belongs where. Feel free to delete this post ;(

Guttingamer

Back to top Go down

It's been really hard for me to get on the server Empty Re: It's been really hard for me to get on the server

Post  Guttingamer Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh Gawd, I feel like such an idiot.

Guttingamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pianoman91894 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey, Gutting.

Firstly, my condolences if you or anyone you know were affected by hurricane Sandy. Secondly, don't worry, I'll move this to a more appropriate forum. Thirdly, we unfortunately have little control over when the server goes 1.4. The team working on Bukkit has been working frantically to get a working 1.4 version out as fast as possible, and we're hoping they'll get it out soon, so we can update the server to 1.4! They do have a devlopment build out, but from what I recall from when Yocow tested it, it has some problems when trying to run plugins, so we're waiting until that's fixed, for obvious reasons.

If you simply can't wait for the server to go 1.4 to play (and believe me, I understand why you wouldn't want to wait), you can download this program and use it: https://sites.google.com/site/mrflippit/
It's very straightforward and easy to use, so there's no need to explain anything about it. Let me know if you have any further questions! Smile

-Pianoman
Pianoman91894
Pianoman91894
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/unusualcatperson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guttingamer Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks Pianoman.

Power would've been on by tomorrow night, but we're getting ANOTHER storm! Sad
So, from the way it looks, it could take another week or so to get it up and running. Not to mention, LIPA has been doing a terrible job. My brother hardly let's me use his laptop, which is my only way of accessing minecraft. Even when he does let me go on, I can't go on yocraft cause it's 1.3. I am typing this from my gandma's computer, where I can access the internet but not minecraft. So I can't download that hack onto my grandma's computer, it would be pointless. The next time my bro lets me on his laptop could take a few more days. I might not even get the chance to do so then. Well, I just really don't want this to affect my application. I want to become a regular, but I don't want yocow to think I don't go on because I am not interested, because I am! Razz

Guttingamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pianoman91894 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 am

Ahh, that's quite a predicament. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!

As for regularity, don't worry. We understand that people sometimes end up in situations that restrict them from coming on the server, and considering many people have already updated to 1.4 before the server did, there are quite a lot of them right now. While regularity IS a factor for promotion (hence the title "regular"), it is ultimately your overall behavior and history on the server that helps us make a decision. So try not to panic too much! We'll hopefully be getting to the applications soon, and I'll be sure to keep in mind your current situation.
Pianoman91894
Pianoman91894
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/unusualcatperson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guttingamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks again pianoman. I hope that if I cant demonstrate my behavior on the server, my behavior and activity on the forums can! Very Happy

Guttingamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down