Yocraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration

4 posters

Go down

Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration Empty Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration

Post  649andcounting Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm

I have started work on a recreation of Luigi's mansion that I would like to be considered for use as a hunger games map. I plan on finishing the mansion with extreme accuracy to the game (although the scale is slightly messed up) and if you are interested in this as a hunger games map, I will tweak the mansion to make it more like a proper hg map. Some proposed features are:

All redstone lamps in the mansion being hooked up to the generator room in the basement, allowing for players to turn the lights off or on. It might just be personal opinion, but I think this opens up some interesting new strategies for luring players into the basement, or making them easier to hunt;

Having a good amount of open land around the mansion, because at the moment, the rooms are a little cramped (although I think the sheer number of total rooms will somewhat compensate for that);

Chests placed in a more practical layout, rather than the ridiculous amount of chests used in the actual game;

More maneuverability through the mansion, because most rooms simply end in dead ends, I plan on adding some extra paths to make escaping from players easier.

The tight quarters of the mansion will require a very different strategy than the current hg maps, but I think that variety is a good thing. Trust me, I've put a good deal of thought into how this would work out. In the end, though, I plan on finishing the mansion regardless of it's final usage, but I just thought I should propose the idea. At the moment, the first floor is complete with more on the way. The mansion is however in the visitor creative server and I'm not sure how to apply for it to be moved. I've already had 2 encounters with griefers and to be honest, the thought of someone destroying my hard work terrifies me.

649andcounting

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration Empty Re: Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration

Post  TheDestroyer5 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Sounds like a good map, would love to see screenshots. And about the griefers, did they grief the thing badly or just destroy a couple blocks here and there? I am too working on a hg map based on a game in the visitor creative

About the lights, I don't think that would be a good idea. Depending on the redstone involved it could melt some computers. (I had this problem with my old computer)
TheDestroyer5
TheDestroyer5

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration Empty Re: Luigi's Mansion for HG consideration

Post  scottydog75 Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:39 pm

/warp LuigisMansion

That is all..
scottydog75
scottydog75

Back to top Go down

Post  newbrowny Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 pm

This sounds really cool! I'd love to check it out sometime.
newbrowny
newbrowny
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/newbrowny?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum